Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yellow Brick Road

For my profession I sew. After moving down here I got a job at a quilt store. Quilting is a different kind of sewing than regular sewing. I just finished my 1st quilt. I love it and want to make more. It was a fairly easy quilt, which I wanted for my 1st one (its name is Yellow Brick Road). I made a babyish size. So I picked out 6 fat quarters and set to work. I'm excited to start #2 soon.


Chosen Fat Quarters



Top


Top with small outside boarder

Finished with outside boarder

Finished quilted, backing and bound

8 comments:

Adam and Renee said...

It is about time. Thanks for posting. I love the quilt. It is so you. I noticed you didn't have pics of our picnic...was that on purpose? As for everyone being 31 at least once, I thought I would just stay 29...so let me know how it feels to be the big 31!

Bonny said...

Yellow Brick Road is one of my fav patterns. So easy! Nice job! I'm jealous of your job :)

Rebekah B. said...

So cute! Nice job. Can't wait to see it in person!

Michelle & Steve said...

WOW! I can't believe that you are around fabric that great each time you work at the shop. It looks amazing! Seriously, I love it! Let me know when you are taking orders from other people...

El Scorcho said...

I was thinking about doing the Yellow Brick road for my next quilt.
Would you suggest it for a guy like me?

Park's said...

Wow Lynette! You are so talented. Way to go on the quilt. It looks like tons of work and time. How fun that you have such a talent for that. Hope you are well. Take Care!

AMES said...

BEAUTIFUL! I've never had that talent.

Anonymous said...

It is about time. Thanks for posting. I love the quilt.
Thank u for share,very nice post.Looking forward to more posts!
sale uggs
ugg outlet
uggs on sale
uggs online
uggs outlet