Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Nephew


I thought I would take some time today and post about by nephew. Many of you may know that I had a nephew who was battling a rare brain tumor called a Chordoma Tumor. In May of this year he was diagnosed and past away a few days after Thanksgiving. It was a very tender time as I began to think about what my brother may be feeling and thinking and realizing there is no possible way for me to comprehend what his family is/was going through. I love my nephew very much and it was so fun to be an outsider watching him grow up. Before making our trek to south Texas, Lynette and I found a second home with my brother Andrew and his wife, Jaime. We taught them the Weston tradition of Rook and Canasta card games and other fun games and spent many an evening with them. We watched their kids and played games, watched movies, read stories and many other things. As a result we became close to them and loved them. I am sad to see that Jared has passed away but I know that he is better and healthy. Unfortunately, for him to be happy where he is, his family is sad to have him gone. I thought I would attach the link to their story, I can only share it as an outsider and feel it should be shared from their point of view. Here is the link to their blog for those who would like to read it; jaredvance.blogspot.com. I thought I would attach a couple of my favorite pictures of my superhero of a nephew, Jared. The bottom shows Jared in the most touching picture (to me). There is something heavenly about seeing him resting with so much white around him.


I love my brother so much and am so sad to see him lose his son, but I know he has a testimony of the Gospel and will be stronger for it.

We love and we'll miss you Jared!

No comments: