Monday, April 15, 2013

March and April

2013 is flying by!  I can't believe April is half over. 

Our Spring has been a lot of fun.  The beginning of March found Lucy and me in Utah (really fast/short trip) for my oldest nephews wedding.  It was beautiful!  Really Joey feels like a little brother.  I was 11 when he was born and my sisters and I were always tending or playing with him.  I had only met Josey at Christmas but she is amazing!  They will be so happy together!  It was wonderful to be together with so much of my family.  8 of my 10 siblings were able to come and we had so much fun.  I just wish we all live closer.
 The happy couple!
 
My sister Diane and her beautiful family
Sara, Mom, Michelle, Rachel, Barbara, Diane, Lynette (Lucy), Carrie

At the end of March I traveled with a friend, in her mini van, plus our 4 kids to Oklahoma for Easter.  The 10+ hr drive wasn't that bad but we were happy to finally get there.  We loved being with cousins for a few days and Easter with family was great.  Thanks Elggren's and Bills!
David and Lucy loved playing together!


Benson and Adalaide soaking their hands.  (Benson's fingernails were falling off due to Hand, foot and mouth so we'd soak them every day to help keep them clean.  And how can only one 2 yr old have all the fun playing in water?!)
 
 Benson feeding David
 
Mowing with bubble mowers (it's a really good thing they had two:)
 Lucy and David swinging
 
 He was so happy when he discovered there was something INSIDE the eggs!
 
 Cousins!
 
 Easter Sunday. 
 

While I was in OK Anth started building/fixing our side fence.  Every time the wind blew it would fall over.  He and Benson did a wonderful job!  Benson received his first "man-hammer" on this job (a name he picked himself).  He has about 4 others that are plastic or wood but they would break or couldn't hammer the real nails in so I surprised him with a "real" one.  He loves it!  It's the last thing he talks about before bed and the first thing he wants in the morning.  I am a bit nervous about the sharp edge on the end but we've talked about hammer safety so hopefully no one loses an eye or gets gouged in the head.
Frame work and posts


Finished!

Last week we celebrated Anthony's 30th birthday!  Welcome to the 30's dear!  We had a fun week giving him gifts the kids picked out from the dollar store and ended up with yummy Thai food and birthday banana cream pie!


No comments: