Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Stockings

Anthony and I were married last year just before Christmas and it was a crazy time. We were living with my parents because they were about to leave on their mission and I didn't have time to make any Christmas stocking. So the day before Christmas I had Anth run over to Target to pick us out some stockings. Here's what was left. They just aren't me.

My goal this year was to make some and my sister-in-law Jaime said she had a pattern I could borrow. This weekend my husband and hers are out of town so it made for a perfect late night sewing party. Complete with takeout from Royal India, twangy country and Christmas music! (Jaime has made four for her family and needed to make one more for their youngest. She also started making Christmas place mats.)

The pattern was easy and I made both our stockings in about 4 hours. They are very plain looking but I'm not a frufru kind of person and eventually I'll have our names put on them but they'll work great this year! I'm very pleased with how they turned out! Thanks Jaime for a fun night!

8 comments:

Allison said...

Awesome Job as usual. Glad you got in some sewing fun. I miss our sewing days :(

Rachel said...

Let me guess - the red one is for you, and the green one for Anthony?

They are very cute!!

Rebekah B. said...

Bekah made us Christmas stockings when we were first married as well. Now we have 6 of them! Crazy. Mine is blue and green. I love it so bad. "lerlan" is my word verification word. Isn't that a drug? I think you take it for mono.

Adam and Shalisa said...

They look good. Look at you your a crafty queen!

Unknown said...

Wait a minute. . . I seem to remember an attempt at making stockings last year. Did you just block that out of your memory because they really weren't that great? My verification word is crion--isn't that what you get frozen in for years and years? I don't want to be frozen.

Rebekah B. said...

I know Shawn commented on this post already, but... cute stockings! Wish I had been there, I love Christmas sewing, well okay, any sewing for that matter. What fun!

Michelle & Steve said...

I love the stockings. Great job. This reminds me that I need to make a stocking for Weston still! Better get on that soon...

(I also have to add that I loved this post even more when I read Shawn's comment. I am still laughing that he wrote, "I love it so bad" - I should really use that expression more...:))

David and Aleasha said...

Hey Anth and Lynette-

Looks like you both had a blast back east. It was good playin' ball with ya Anthony. Go Utes (I have to cheer for somebody after the BYU/U game).

David and Aleasha