Tuesday, November 11, 2008

UTAH vs TCU




I attended my first UofU Football Game. They played TCU. It was a great game. The U won in the last minute 13-10. It was one of those games where all emotions are felt. Disappointment, fear, sadness, ecstatic joy, happiness, etc. It was fun to the see the stadium in black and the cool uniforms. My wonderful husband answered my most likely dumb questions and helped me understand the game of football a little better. It did feel a little weird cheering for the U, b/c in the past I've been a Utah State or BYU fan. But I guess this is what happens when you marry a UofU student. (Notice the black U on my face, I have many talents and apparently drawing U's with eye liner on my face is one of them.)

We had the wonderful opportunity of sitting in the student section. I kept telling Anthony that USU never had students who used such questionable language. But overall I'm glad I went. I can't wait for the UofU vs BYU game. I'm planning on braving the cold and bad language to see this momentous show of skill.

The last picture is of our neighbors pumpkins. He grows huge ones every year and usually is in the paper for them. I thought they went nicely with this post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it's official, Anthony has made you a U fan. I guess there's nothing we can do about it now.

Michelle & Steve said...

You do have many talents.

I am jealous that you went to the TCU game - that one was tight - we were tracking that one closely out here and even though we aren't U fans, we were REALLY happy when they pulled out with a win.

AND - I didn't even know that you are going to the BYU/UTAH game...you cannot even imagine how jealous I am. And especially you can't imagine how jealous Steve is going to be when I tell him. Funny how sports teams can make you homesick! (oh - and try to cheer for my team just a little while you are there - GO COUGS!)