Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tiling

My parents bought a new house a month before they left on a mission a year ago. Anthony and I are lucky enough to be living there while they're gone. Anthony has taken on a HUGE project. He's tiling the kitchen, 1/2 bath, dining room, and part of the great room, all 700 sq. feet of it. The prep work took 2 weeks. Wow, home improvement is though. I'm not sure I'm cut out for it. It's now over half way done!! Anthony's brothers and friend Nelson have been such a huge help. Thanks!!

These pictures are for my parents.
The front entrance was rock, Anthony pounded it out.
The floors were uneven, Anthony evened them out.
The kitchen had linoleum, Anthony pulled it out.
The floor had no tile, Anthony put it down!





















9 comments:

Rachel said...

WAHOO!! It looks great!! Way to go Anthony! Lynette it looks like you are cut out for it - you are a great support!

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't wait to see it in real life. I bet it's so much better than the carpet--now that it's done, aren't you glad you did it?

Allison said...

HA I love how Anthony is giving himself two thumbs up. Way to go Anthony job well done. That is tough work but looks great.

Rebekah B. said...

We tiled our kitchen in our cute Idaho house...it IS work, but worth it. It looks great. I like the Extreme Home Makeover shirt!

Michelle & Steve said...

That is an intense job. Makes me glad I'm renting to see the pictures. But it is going to look so awesome when it's completely finished - make sure you post pictures.

Also - I LOVED your Christmas PJs...how many more significant initials can you come up with for your yearly PJs?

Rebekah B. said...

Wow! That's a lot of hard work. Why do I not see Lynette helping in any of those pictures? Can't wait to see the final product!

David and Aleasha said...

Wow Anth, great job with the tiling. When are we going to play some hoops?
Dave

El Scorcho said...

Nice. Lot's of work, feels good, looks good. Well done.

Sarah said...

Handy Manny indeed. (Watch the Disney channel if you don't get the reference!)