Friday, July 24, 2009

Pre-Girls Camp

I'm the Stake Asst. Camp Director and the Ward Camp Director. Don't ask. It just works.
I'm going to Girls Camp next week! I haven't been in over 10 years and I'm super excited! Just thinking of sitting by the camp fire, snuggling in blankets, going for hikes in the mountains sounds wonderful. But it's not the South of Texas way of camping. We're going to a lake about a half hour away where it'll be 95+ degrees every day (and night), we can't have fires because we're in a drought and we're at sea level with the highest point being the camp ground ant hill. I might die. I'll let you know. Or actually Anth will if I really do.

5 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

if you die, can we have your couches?

How's the south these days? We have been in Utah almost two weeks!

Rachel said...

Sounds like girls camp will be a blast! I'm just glad I'm not going. I don't handle heat too well.

Don't worry - you've lived through more things than anyone I know, so I'm sure you'll live through this too.

Michelle & Steve said...

I can't wait for the girl's camp update. Especially the part where you sit around the sticky cabin and tell the impressionable young women all about the good old days when you were in the program and give them some good ideas for a good time!

And as long as were placing requests, I want your bracelet collection if you don't make it.

Rebekah B. said...

we haven't heard from you lately...did you really die? shawn

Adam and Renee said...

Hey, Girls Camp was years ago!!! When are you going to update? Update!!!