Monday, February 22, 2010

Blankets



Will is being very well taken care of. Every 12 hours he gets a new nurse. Of course there are ones we love and ones we love less. There are two in particular that we always hope for on the day shift; they are wonderful! They know a lot, have had a lot of experience taking care of pre-preemies (my term, not theirs), call us by our first names instead of "mom and dad," and don't mind all my (dumb and not-so-dumb) questions. They just help me feel like I know what's going on and want me to be apart of it all. These two nurses always let me change his diaper if I'm there and allow me to hold his hands without giving me the evil eye (yes, some of the nurses don't want me to touch him). Last week they both told me that I should bring in some things to decorate his area (make more homey). They suggested I bring in rosary beads or a cross or prayer cards. They also mentioned that I could bring in some receiving blankets to be placed under him and around his little bed. Being the Home Ec. teacher that I am I immediately got excited about making him some blankets. We have held off getting/making anything for his nursery (plus I was on bed rest before he came so we haven't had the time) so I haven't made him anything. I quickly rushed to JoAnns and picked out a green striped, a blue striped, dinosaur, and baseball/bat fabric. Before I went on bed rest I worked at a quilt store and when I stopped by the other day she gave me some polka dot and minky fabric. Using all these I make 4 blankets. I love seeing him on them and just know he loves it too. It amazed me that making these pretty simple blankets really helped me feel more like a mother, that's corny but true. I haven't been able to hold him yet so this is my way of holding him!



PS- the little tan and red hat in the picture was made by my talented knitter of a sister Michelle. It's the smallest one she's made and it's still huge. Thanks Michelle!

10 comments:

Michelle & Steve said...

I love seeing the blankets. They are just perfect for Will. I wish that people could understand how small that hat really is. It looks like I sent you something for a 6 year old! Also, I could maybe rustle up some rosary beads if you want them...just let me know.

Alisa said...

Look at his tiny, adorable, little self! Good job on the blankets. You are such a sweet mommy! How is he doing? You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much since I heard the news.

Nate and Nicole said...

Lynette, your sweet little Will is adorable. The picture of him holding your finger is too sweet. Hang in there! Will will definitely be in our prayers.

Nate and Nicole said...

And I LOVE his name, obviously :).

Holly said...

PRECIOUS! I wish I were there Lynette to give you hugs so you could pass them through your finger into his little hand...

Addi said...

Oh Lynette, what a sweet little man. I'm so happy Michelle linked to your blog so I could read all about him and his amazing mommy.

P.S. I laughed when I saw the name of your blog--lltq. And I was pretty proud of myself for remembering what that stands for.

Sarah said...

Anthony and Lynette, I just love your little Will so much already. Thank you so much for keeping us all updated on how things are going with him. He is so sweet I just want to kiss him! We miss you and pray for your little family. Love you.

Adam and Shalisa said...

What a sweet boy Will is in our prayers....Lynette if you need anything or need help let me know I am not that far away and I will drive down to help you in a minute!

Ami said...

I enjoy seeing what a cute little guy you have. You are such a wonderful mother. I am glad you got to make him some blankets. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Katie S said...

Lynette - I hope you don't mind, but I've been keeping tabs on you guys through a link off Shawn and Bekah's blog. It sounds like all in all, you guys are doing well. I love Will's name and am jealous of all his blankets!! :) You're in our prayers!! - Katie