Monday, May 10, 2010

Houston

Anth and co-workers had a training up in Houston last week so the wives decided to tag along. While they had a week full of long meetings we got to explore Houston.

Everyday: This was a typical sight throughout our stay. Even though it's in Houston, it usually takes 1-2 hours to get there. Not my favorite thing. It actually made me appreciate Corpus, crazy I know.

Day 1: Houston Zoo - Loved how shady it was, b/c it was hot! One of the wives that came brought her 2 kids which always makes for a good time. You can't go to the zoo w/o getting a drink from the Lion, scary!


Day 2: Houston Space Center - Pretty cool place. I have a season pass b/c it was only $3 bucks more than an all-day pass. The space ships are so huge! I highly recommend the tram tour, you get to see the control center and all the different space ships :)



Day 3: Lunch and the park. The plant where the men were meeting had a fabulous park. I didn't get any pictures but they had all the old, super fun and probably dangerous-by-today-standards toys. A merry-go-round, teeter-toter, medal slides, and bouncy chickens and horses. I'm pretty sure us wives had just as much fun on these toys as the kids.

Night of Day 3: Kemah Boardwalk. It was so movie-ish. Rides, games and shops right on the water. Anth had a pretty fun time.




Day 4: One of the moms had to head home (the one with the kids) so the other mom and I went to the Temple. It is such a beautiful temple!!! We also stopped by IKEA, I bought a peeler :)


I had a fabulous week. It was nice not to have to be alone and I got to experience one of the biggest cities in the USA.

6 comments:

Park's said...

How fun Lynette! I am glad you got to go with him. I have cousins that live just outside Houston and they say it is a really fun city. Somewhere I would love to visit sometime. Looks like you had a great time! You look great! Love ya!!

El Scorcho said...

Temple and a peeler, it doesn't get any better than that.

Michelle & Steve said...

I agree with Mark...I'm so glad you got a peeler! What a fun trip - so happy you got to do so many fun things. Also...how high did Anth get the light to go on the hammer game? In the picture, it's at the bottom...did it go any further than that?

Diane said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Rebekah B. said...

What fun! I want to hang-out with you in Houston one day!

Polly Scott said...

Hi, Lynette, I hope you're doing well. Looks like you're having a great time. I finally started a blog to post my essays. So, I just thought I'd let you know.

www.pollyoscott.blogspot.com