Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ooohhh Mandy!



Hopefully you know I'm referring to the song by Barry Manilow.

One of my great-est friends came to visit us in last week. Anth had recruiting up in Utah so it was a perfect time. She flew into San Antonio b/c it's so much cheaper. Her plane was supposed to arrive at 3pm but it was delayed and she didn't get here until 10pm. San Antonio is 2.5 hours away and by the time I received word that she was going to be late I was almost there so there was no-way I was going to turn around and come back later. So I went to the temple distribution center (I would have gone to the temple but I wasn't wearing a dress), Costco, and then read at Barns and Noble for about 3 hours (they have very comfy chairs).

Her trip here was filled with swimming/body surfing in the gulf, a 16 mile bike ride (where we almost died), eating yummy mint brownies and mexican food, bonfires on the beach, ferry rides, and late night talks. It was so much fun having her here, thanks for coming Mandy!!






7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad to see that you have become a "beach bum" since living in Corpus! ;)

Looks like you two had a great time!

Michelle & Steve said...

Sounds like it was a great time. And these pictures are selling me on Corpus - I want to visit! Especially for the 16 mile bike ride...sounds like much fun!

El Scorcho said...

Well she came and she gave without taking, but I sent her away ooooh Mandy.

Good to see those wheels being used on A's bike.

Holly said...

LYNETTE!! I want your bike!! Only in purple.

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

You have a blog good and useful

Mandy said...

Oh so fun!!!! But, you forgot to post a few pictures! :) And, I'm glad you added the part about almost dying. Our get togethers wouldn't be complete without that. Love ya!!

Rebekah B. said...

So fun. I"m still wondering why you didn't make the "short" jaunt up to Arkansas - we know Mandy, and like the song too!