Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Visitors

The day after we brought Benson home my sister Rachel and her daughter Adalaide came for a visit. They stayed for a week and were the perfect baby-first-week-home visitors. We just sat around playing with babies all week, it was wonderful! Rachel was able to answer so many questions, as they just adopted Adalaide 4 months previously. We're pretty sure these two cousins are going to be the best of friends. The day before they left we were able to give them a tour of Corpus from a car, with hopes that they'll want to come back soon to really experience Texas (although Rach did get to experience texas cockroaches :)!


Us and our babies!

Cute cousins (4 months apart)

They were such good traveling buddies!

We ran out of blankets one night so borrowed one from Adalaide :) I think Bens looks good in pink!

Isn't she darling!!! Such a good baby!!

Since my parents were in China when Benson arrived my mom came down about a week and half after we brought him home. My dad came down a few days later. We've invited and un-invited them a few times so it was nice to finally get them here. If you know my parents, you know they are movers and shakers, they can't sit still very long. We recently bought a house that needs a lot of work so it was a perfect time for them to come and help! And boy did they! Just to list a few: making bumper pads and a valance for Benson, helping me bath Bens for the first time, making Bens a quilt (out of tricot!!), fixing a leak in the roof, painting one whole bathroom and the cabinets of another one, replacing rotting french doors with a beautiful sliding door, ect. I could go on but you get the idea. I'm pretty sure we wore them out! Oh and my mom would also take Benson at around 3 or 4 am so we could sleep! It was amazing!



On the last day of their stay we took them on a drive through Mustang Island, over the ferry (which we saw lots of dolphins), and back to Corpus to the USS Lexington. It's a carrier from WWII. It was lots of fun to do tourist-y stuff with them! We finished the night off at our favorite mexican restaurant, La Playa (which means 'The Beach.' I didn't know that when we first got here and thought it meant something else :). We loved having them here, thanks so much Dad and Mom!!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad I made the blog! :) Thanks for letting us come - we had so much fun!!

I can't wait to see pictures of all changes to your house!

Adam and Shalisa said...

That is so fun that your family could come down and visit...will you e-mail me your new address Lynette?

Angie said...

Such great pictures and special visits! I wish we were there to visit. The girls are completely GA-GA for Benson and can't WAIT until they get to see him, hold him and play with him...they don't care if he can't really "play" with them. :) We're so glad that you're not pathetic like us (no blogs...no pics) so that we get to see all your fun pictures. Thanks for posting them and your fun happenings. Are pictures of your new house next? :D
Love you to infinity and beyond!

jlvance said...

Awesome Parents and Sister! I'm just so happy for you guys! We hope to be on the list of visitors coming your way - congrats you guys. love you!

oh and Benson does look good in pink - he looks good in everything!

Rebekah B. said...

looks like a lot of fun...we will have to come for the sealing!

Mandy said...

Your parents are amazing!!! That's so great that they helped with so much. And... I'm jealous they saw dolphins!!!! I need to come back and try again. :)