Monday, May 23, 2011

Beach2Bay 2011

Last year when Anthony ran Beach2Bay I decided I wanted to run it in 2011. (This is a pretty big thing for me to decide to do; I am not a runner.) So last summer I started walk/running with some friends and got up to running 1.5 miles (I was pretty excited about that). Then came the fall, a surgery and getting Benson so running took a back seat until January.

Then a friend in my ward mentioned getting a group of women together to run Beach2bay. So I started running each morning with Benson. About 2 months before the race we started running together as a group, upping our running distance each week. It was wonderful running together as a team, helping each other motivate and encourage each other, not to mention just fun talking.

The race was this past Saturday and it was so much fun!! Because I have been running 4.6 miles the last 2 weeks it wasn't difficult to run it for the race. After it was over I felt like I could have kept going. My next goal is to do a 10k (there is one in the fall), so I'll have the motivation to keep running and to increase my distance.

Team MST (Mormon Standard Time)
Everyone on the team but one (thanks for running with us Lisa!)

Anthony and Bens were at the end of my leg of the race, cheering me on! It was fun to have them there supporting me! In the video below you can hear Bens crying because Anth had just yelled really loud for me and it scared him :)




This is right after the race, nice and hot/sweaty

5 comments:

Daniel and Sara said...

What a good husband cheering you on! :)

Andrea said...

Awesome job you guys. I miss you all like crazy. Wish I could have been there. Looks so fun.

Trina said...

Awesome job!!! It sounds like it was so much fun!!! You girls are amazing!

Sale Fails said...

Go Lynette!

Michelle & Steve said...

First of all...I think you look amazing. Secondly, I am seriously impressed. Running 4.6 miles may as well be a marathon for me...maybe I just need the proper motivation. I'll let you know if I ever find it.