Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happenings

We've been having a lot of fun recently and I've been meaning to post, so here it is.

-Sandfest - pretty amazing sandcastles! We thought it was free so didn't have any cash on us but we took pictures through the fence. It was a beautiful day on the beach. It was in Port A and we left right after a baptism. Anth thought I was packing his flip flops and I thought he was - so he ended up wearing his church shoes :) But the beach was nice enough that we just went barefoot for most of it.



-Easter was wonderful! We colored eggs and ate yummy food with friends. We reflected on the Atonement of our Savior and how grateful we are that he made forever families possible.

An egg for Benson, Vance, the U of U and a couple others.

He's ready for church on Easter

-For this past semester I've been watching two of the cutest little girls while their mom went to school. It's been so fun! I'm sad the semester is over. Benson just loves them! He can sit and watch them for hours! They were always so sweet to him, calling him "baby Benson," and letting him play with their toys.


-I've been meaning to take Benson to the park and let him swing for awhile but last Friday was his first time. He didn't really love it. I'm hoping he gets used to it and will eventually.


-Another first, this last Monday he got to ride in the front of the cart. I'm so loving not carrying his car seat around! He really loves it and we always get lots of comments from people about how cute he is.


Other happenings to come...

-Friday, the 13th. We'll head up to Houston and go to court to have Benson's adoption finalized.

-Saturday, the 21st. I'm running in my first ever Marathon Rely (Beach2Bay). There are six of us running. My leg of the race is 4.6 miles. I've been training for awhile for this and just this week ran 4.6 miles twice!!! My personal best. Ever. Running really isn't my thing but I love it when I'm done.

-And then to the end of the month, Saturday and Sunday, the 28 & 29. Benson will be sealed to us in the San Antonio Temple!! Then blessed on Sunday. We are excited for all the family and friends that will be here and know lots more wish they could!

2 comments:

Sale Fails said...

Benson's Easter picture is ADORABLE-definitely needs to be framed!!!

Grant doesn't care for swinging much, either...we JUST got him to do it WITHOUT crying--making progress, haha.

The Lost said...

You guys make Corpus sound like such a fun place to be. Good luck on the 4.6 miles. Wish we could be there to go through the temple with you guys. What a great month!! - Arlo