Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween : There's No Place Like Home

I love family themed costumes for Halloween! Last year was the sports theme and this year the Wizard of Oz. Benson can say "dog" so it was fun to have him be Toto. He didn't mind the dressing up except the hood. Every time I wanted him to wear it for a picture I had to bribe him with candy. It was also really fun making his costume and my apron. And we can use them again next year.

Funny story of getting Anthony's shirt. We went to Good Will to get a shirt for him to wear and ruby slippers for me (I painted some nice $2 shoes red with house paint). I picked out a couple for him to choose from and he picked one out. He choose his because it looked more worn. When he got home he went to hand wash it and found shoulder pads! It was a women's shirt! Hilarious! I am still laughing about it. Then after it was washed and dried he put it on and it was skin tight, like the hulk just before his clothes tear off. Hilarious, again! Anyway, he had to wear it because we didn't have anything else. So that made for some funny moments all night.







We also had a fabulous meal. I want to do more fun halloween-eeish meals next year, but this was a good start. Plus I can never let a holiday pass without making some sort of treat. This year it was these adorable candy corn cookies (I actually hate the real candy corns but not these). In the last picture the cookies are frosted. That was the only plate I spent so much time on frosting like the candy, all the others had orange, white or yellow frosting.



5 comments:

Trina said...

I love the costumes! And the food! You are such a cute mom!!! And I have to say your family photo at the top is adorable! All color coordination perfect and Benson is even smiling his huge smile! I love it! And you look great!

The Neumann Clan said...

What a cute family. I love the Wizard of Oz theme. I really want to taste one of those candy corn cookies right now...they look delicious!

Rebekah B. said...

I like your new family photo. Very nice!

shawn

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you went with the Wiz of Oz. You make such a cute Dorothy! Your apron turned out super cute! I love the story of Anthony's shirt.

I remembered a couple of the ones from last year. One kid in a family wore a cardboard (front and back) with wood grain-lines drawn on and a sign that said, "I'm bored." His brother work an old tire (front and back) and a sign that said, "I'm tired." I think there may have been another brother/sister but I don't remember what the costume was, but along those same lines.

Michelle & Steve said...

I'm still laughing about Anthony's shirt too. That is hilarious! And next year I want to make those candycorn cookies...they are so cute! AND you are one super darling Dorothy! I knew you would be!