Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ode to Chaco's




My footwear of choice are my green strappy chacos. I love them! As soon as the snowdrifts are down to my ankles in the spring I bring them out and wear them well into November and December. I discovered them about 5 years ago when my roommate at USU splurged on a pair. She wore them daily and I was soon hooked (it's a good thing her feet were a size 5 or I would have borrowed them). It took me 2 years before I purchased my first pair b/c they run from $80-110. I have loved them ever since. One of my most favorite aspects of this footwear is the tan line. I'm a bit obsessed about it. For those that know me, I wear SPF 40 every time I'm in the sun, I've recently purchased a hat (I don't wear hats, I look awful in them) to help protect my face from the rays but will put all my efforts into deepening my chaco tan. I know, my feet are going to end up with skin cancer and leathery, but I don't care, I love it my tan lines!! Although some call it a status symbol of being ultra outdoorsy or highly sexy, I don't consider my self a granola hiker or all that sexy but I am a die hard in making sure my feet are absorbing the rays.

7 comments:

B & J Weston said...

Nice toes - partly brown and partly white. Just think of how your students will like the lines!... Love, Dad

Michelle & Steve said...

I love that you're back to blogging! I like the tan line too. Good luck going back to work...when you need a break, Vegas is waiting!

El Scorcho said...

You should be a foot model.

Sarah said...

Zig-zag away. Love it.

Rebekah B. said...

blog more often..you're funny.

Barb & Sean said...

Lynette, I'm tagging you!

Rachel said...

I think it's time for you to blog about something really exciting that's going on in your life!