Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello DOLLY!!


For those of you that don't watch the news or are otherwise unaware, there is a Tropical Storm/Hurricane warning for Corpus Christi (Hurricane Dolly). It's all rather exciting!

I went to the store this morning to get a few items and noticed the local grocery store packed. Who goes grocery shopping at 9 am Monday morning? As I walked through the store I noticed people with carts full of food and wondered what holiday they celebrated this time of year here in Texas that I wasn't aware of. There was even a camera crew filming. And of course I just thought "Oh, they are filming a commercial." As I was leaving the store I ran into a lady from my ward who asked "So your here buying food," and I thought "well, I am in a grocery store." But then she said "for the hurricane." We don't have TV and I don't really listen to the radio so I think I was the only one in Texas, Corpus Christi, Texas that had no idea that we are about to die.

Here's the latest picture of what's going to happen. It's not supposed to hit until Wednesday night or early Thursday. Anthony came home a bit nervous so we went back to the store to see shelves bare and people running around like crazy. It was pretty funny. I just kept laughing and every time I talked to anyone (family members) I would reassure them that we weren't dead yet. I think Anthony wanted me to take it a bit more seriously. And I am now. Even a few ward members have called to say we're welcome to come over if we wanted. One even said we could follow them to Dallas if need be. But secretly I can't wait to take some pictures of trees being blown by high winds. I really don't want it to get worse than that. We'll keep y'all posted on the updates and possibilities of us dying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I had no idea that my sister is in serious danger of having almost died! This is an amazing chance for you to be realistic in that statement, "I almost died!"

Rachel said...

Lynette - you sure have been through a lot in your short life, cancer, huntavirus (sp?), bruises, and now DOLLY??

You are a walking miracle!!

I'm anxious to hear how bad it is. I hope you are safe!

Barb & Sean said...

Keep posting so we know you're still alive!