Friday, March 19, 2010

"Sisters"

Everyone should move to Corpus and into the 2nd ward.
Last night Anth told me we needed to stop by a lady in the ward's house to pick up something. As we drove up to her house there were a lot of cars parked outside. I tried to talk Anth into coming back another time because it looked like something was going on but he said we'd go up really quickly and it'd be ok. As we knocked on the door I looked through the glass and saw a couple of ladies from our ward. Then as the daughter of the lady opened the door and invited us in I saw a couple more. I still was clueless and apologized to the little girl and asked for her mom. She told me to follow her and led me into the family room. Around the room and in the kitchen sat and stood the sisters from my ward. They all shouted "Surprise!" It was a party for me. I was so shocked! It was such an overwhelming feeling of love and support! It's been a hard week; Will hasn't really gotten worse but he hasn't gotten any better and a few of the doctors have talked to us about how far we want to go with all this and when is enough, enough. It was a wonderful night of eating comfort food (chocolate fountain included), talking and laughing with good friends that I really needed. The sisters all brought me something that they do/enjoy to pamper themselves. These little gifts touched my heart and are wonderful. I've grown up with so many sisters that it's been hard to not have them here with me during this time but Heavenly Father inspired these sisters to give me the love, support and laughter I needed. Thank you to all of you, I can't express how much last night meant to me.

3 comments:

James & Kristen said...

We all love you and are here for you! :D

clintandmicah said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. It brought tears to my eyes. Hang in there you guys!

Michelle & Steve said...

I love the sisters in your ward. It's about the only reason I let you stay in Corpus and don't make you move back to Utah.